Document Analysis: Comprehensive Lab Activites (Materials for up to 10 groups)
- Forensic experiment kit designed to teach students about various techniques in document analysis
- Using provided materials, students will detect forgeries, analyze handwriting, and uncover hidden messages
- Kit contains enough material for 10 groups, including chemicals, observation sheets, and student exercise copymasters
- Perfect experiment for high school chemistry and forenscis classes and beyond
- Safety data sheets included to inform safe storage and maintenance of chemicals
This kit has been designed to introduce students to the field of document analysis. Experiments in this kit cover the areas of paper analysis, handwriting analysis, forgery detection, recovery of mechanical/chemical erasures, hidden message discovery, and ink analysis. Students will make use of techniques like microscopy, chromatography, and fuming to complete the activities. Kit contains 10 unique sets of materials for 10 groups. Safety data sheets, teacher's manual, and student study guide copymasters are included. Kit Contents: 10 x 20 mL Ink Remover 10 x 5 mL Lemon Juice 10 x 10 mL Phenolphthalein 10 x 5 mL 1.0 M Sodium Hydroxide 1 x 500 mL Chromatography Solvent 1 x 55 mL Iodine Solution 10 Pieces Chromatography Paper 100 Pieces Paper Slips 10 Pieces Paper A 10 Pieces Paper B 10 Pieces Paper C 10 Pieces Paper D 10 Pieces Paper E 10 Pieces Paper F 10 x 10 g Transfer Clay 10 Forceps 10 Magnifying glass 50 Cotton Swabs 2 Marker A 2 Marker B 2 Marker C 2 Marker D 2 #1 Pencil 2 #2 Pencil 2 #3 Pencil 2 Yellow Highlighter 10 Developing Chamber DOT Info: UN1170,Ethanol,3,II,Ltd Qty
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Phenolphthalein/Methanol/Methyl isobutyl ketone, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.