Portable Ammonium Nitrogen Concentration Water Testing Kit - Materials for 40 TestsSKU | IS9754
Only 1 left in stock
- Test water samples for the total concentration of ammonium nitrogen
- Concentration is measured using a simple color change titration
- Kit is designed to be portable so tests can be conducted in the field or in the lab
- Contains enough material for 40 water tests
- Includes instructions and safety data sheets for all included materials
Ammonium nitrogen content in water is important to keep an eye on. High concentrations can be dangerous to aquatic wildlife and, in extreme cases, make water unsafe to drink. This kit has been designed to allow the analyst to perform a very simple colorimetric analysis to determine the ammonia nitrogen concentration of their fresh water sample. The analysis yields an easily identifiable color transition that can be compared with the included color key to determine the concentration in your sample. The kit contains everything an analyst would need to perform a water analysis either in the laboratory setting or out in the field. Kit contains enough materials to perform 40 tests.
Concentration Reader Range:
0.0, 0.25, .050, 0.75, 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 mg NH
Higher concentrations can be tested using a dilution of the water sample with DI water (not supplied)
Innovating Science products, manufactured by Aldon Corporation, include educational kits for the chemistry, life science, green chemistry, advanced placement chemistry, and forensic fields. Aldon Corporation was founded in 1964, and is headquartered in Avon, NY.
What’s in the box?
- 12 plastic pipettes
- 3 reaction vessels
- 3 collection bottles
- 1 measuring tube
- Ammonia test solution #1 (15mL)
- Ammonia test solution #2 (15mL)
- Ammonia test solution #3 (15mL)
- Color code indicator chart
- Instruction manual and safety data sheets
Product Name: Portable Ammonium Nitrogen Concentration Water Testing Kit - Materials for 40 Tests
Product SKU: IS9754